Review #27 with more Frankenbuns!!!

I am blessed with a beautiful family and none more beautiful inside and out than my sister in law who bought up the different HCBs from the Dough Collective in Sydney, just for me!! Love through the stomach LOL! It seems that this has been a gift HCB for me as I was given these exact ones last year as well. 




Review #27 - Run of the Mill - Dough Collective, 1 x $1.80 or 6 x $6.50.  Score 2.

I gave these buns the same score as last year as they are not much better than the Coles bought one. They don't have much fruit or spice but taste great with butter and reheat ok. They are your run of the mill type of bun. Can't go wrong. Doesn't blow you away. If you are in the city and buying these, you should really consider mixing your half dozen of HCBs with the frankenbuns. Just like in my previous post, I think I am converting to at least the chocolate variety of HCBs. I'll explain myself.

Chocolate HCB

These HCBs were really nice. I was surprised. I think it was because it tasted like there was a slightly bitter dark chocolate chips within a sweet chocolate bun. The chocolate was nice and gooey after a bit of microwave love.  These disappeared first off the plate in the office.

Matcha HCB

I need to put the following two provisions on my review of this bun:
1) I am not a real fan of matcha; and
2) I am not a real fan of red bean.

(I really do live up to the name of this blog - I look Chinese but my taste buns certainly are not Asian.)

This bun is matcha favoured and has red beans that could be fruit from a HCB. This is truly a frankenbun at its craziest. I would taste better if it was softer. And it might even taste better with butter. Due to the provisions previously mentioned, I did not really like this bun. Friends who like both matcha and red did like it, so, if that is your thing, go for it!!


Comments

Popular Posts